nyvalves best solution on sanitary fittings and valves
• The sealing quality has a decisive influence
on the service life of a gasket. In addition to
the geometry, the mixture and production
process are decisive for the function and
service life. In spite of the same chemical
designations, gaskets differ on the basis of
the additives and particularly, the degree of
• Exceptionally high product temperatures
can also destroy the structure of the gasket.
Gaskets may be defective even though they
appear to be intact.
o The usual temperature specifications are
based on dry air and are therefore not
transferable to practical applications.
o The allowable temperatures for liquid or
steam are considerably lower in general.
• In addition to the resistance to temperature
and corrosion, the swelling characteristics of
gaskets are decisive for their suitability.
• Due to improvements on the geometry of
the gaskets and the installation space, which
are applied for a patent, a considerably higher
resistance will be obtained against negative
influences such as expansion due to
temperature and swelling characteristics.
• The following information is required for
the selection of gaskets.
o Product (also CIP/SIP) in contact with gasket,
* duration of contact
* temperature or temperature change
* switching cycles
• An abundance of analysis procedures are